The Applied Research Track aims at attracting submissions from both industry and academia that either solve or advance the understanding of issues related to deploying AI, IR and big data technologies as part of actual applications.
The Applied Research Track is distinct from the Research Track in that submissions focus on applied work describing the implementation of a system that solves a significant real-world problem and demonstrates application benefits as well as impact. Submissions must clearly describe how their work has been deployed and for how long.
Topics of Interest
We encourage submissions of works in the same area of relevance of the CIKM2020 Research Track but that describe applied and in-use works, including but not limited to the following application areas:
- Business Intelligence (e.g., Advertising and E-commerce, Finance, Marketing and Crowds, Recommender systems)
- Social Networks and Social Good (e.g., Crowdsourcing, Network sciences, Social media and publishing, Social sciences, User modeling, Web mining)
- Healthcare and Bioinformatics (e.g., Clinical Decision Support, Clinical Research, Healthcare and Caregiving, Patient Empowerment, Genomic applications)
- Computing Infrastructures (e.g., Big Data infrastructures Cloud，Map-Reduce, MPI, Data protection, Design of experiments, Interpretable models, Large-scale optimization, Scalable algorithms)
- Emerging Applications (e.g., AI in Education, Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Intelligent Transportation)
Submission and Review Guidelines
Authors are invited to submit original applied research results that have not been previously published, are not accepted to be published, and are not currently being considered for publication in any other conference or journal. Submissions do not need to be double-blind, i.e., authors’ names and affiliations can be included in the submission if desired, but they are not required. Manuscripts should be submitted electronically, as PDF files of max 8 pages in length, including references, formatted using the ACM camera-ready templates, using the double column template “sig-conf”. Papers should be submitted through the CIKM 2020 online submission system using the “Applied Research Track”. To facilitate review, each paper should provide the topics that it belongs to.
At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference before the final version submission deadline, and must attend the conference and present the paper as scheduled in the conference program.
Paper abstract submission deadline: June 1, 2020
Paper submission deadline: June 8, 2020
Paper acceptance notification: July 24, 2020
Camera ready submission deadline: August 14, 2020
Anna Lisa Gentile, IBM Research Almaden, USA
Ricardo Baeza-Yates, NTENT, USA, Northeastern Univ., USA, Univ. Pompeu Fabra, Spain, Univ. de Chile, Chile